Thursday, July 18, 2019

POEM: Wine, Women and Song


I wrote this sometime in January 2015 for some jerk I needed to forget. Even typing this, I’m still cringing at the thought of falling for him, but I admire my utmost honesty to make an art so truthful—besides, at some point, the tragedy made me wiser that I know how they play the game. Four years later, this 2019, I have matured enough (or recoil in fear?) to make me doubtful of men’s intentions. Because, duh, chivalry is just a curtain of deception.


-------0o0o0-------



Wine, Women and Song
By: Danica Ann Niegas

To the man who wants to get away but never does.

It is the stares and gaze
With your demeanor you can amaze
With a crooked mind and a big ego
Making your name a sophisticated logo
That people can remember as you walk and go.


Accompanied with reds and blacks,
Enemies accumulated in stacks
I, too, was once a part of that
Pointed looks, words sharp as dart,
Demeaning attitudes and insulting remarks.


Cold air rested in my cheeks
An enemy is not what I seek
Betting my awful manners finally leaked
Fires that caused so much heat
From a spark, a bomb has been lit.


My own pound of flesh
Their tumultuous anger wants to leave me a mesh
Like a hunter found a prey so weak
He approached me and I shivered with fear,
I gasped with his soft eyes as he said, “My intentions are clear.”


Painstakingly waited for my doubts to pass,
Painstakingly waited for my walls to crash
Silly passes, bad quotes and clumsy lines
For years we laugh at our lame rhymes
Painstakingly, he longs to be mine.


But garnering a reputation so bad to hear
A faithless woman I turned out to be
Those silly passes, bad quotes and clumsy lines
He has practiced gazillion times
Unmasking a charming face, a monster I find.


Waiting for the proper timing to find a conversation
Revelations I cannot shun no longer
I watch him desperately pick the clutter
Seeing his hands bleed for the glass we shattered,
But for me, his poetry doesn’t matter anymore.

------


No comments:

Post a Comment

P A N D E M I C

            Let my start by saying an apology because I am running and going back in this blog  only  when I am distressed which explains my...